Re: [Fwd: 58A0-9E5C-CE89 : CONSULT from pgsql-slavestothewww (post)]

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [Fwd: 58A0-9E5C-CE89 : CONSULT from pgsql-slavestothewww (post)]
Дата
Список pgsql-www

None of these messages are rejected ... they are only put over to the
moderators queue for later processing ... that is what Dave is having a problem
with, that he has to go in and approve them instead of them just going straight
through ...

As to recent upgrade .. not in the past few weeks, no ...

- --On Saturday, April 21, 2007 21:12:27 -0400 Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> 'k, this is a GLOBAL setting, not a local to the list one ... I can remove
>> the  approve rule, but here is the complete list of them ... I've never
>> modified  these before, either adding or removing, these are teh default
>> ones that get  installed ... as you will note with most of htem, they are
>> anchored to the  right side, so it isn't just *any* approve:
>
> In my opinion they are too ambiguous to be used as expressions for
> rejecting a mail to the list.
>
> Maybe mj2 was recently upgraded to a new version that contained
> an "improved" list of regexes to disallow?
>
>> /\bsubscribe\b/i
>
> So anyone who sends a mail with the word "subscribe" in it will have it
> rejected?  That seems rather unexpected.  Note that it isn't anchored,
> except by blanks so it seems just using the word in a sentence causes it
> to fire, unless I'm missing something.
>

>> /^\s*approve\b/i
>> /^\s*passwd\b/i
>> /^\s*newinfo\b/i
>> /^\s*config\b/i
>> /^\s*newconfig\b/i
>> /^\s*writeconfig\b/i
>> /^\s*mkdigest\b/i
>
> I think these should make an effort to find the arguments just beyond
> the command and the end of line.  Really they should not be there at
> all.  What purpose do they serve, beyond protecting lame list admins who
> manage to send commands to the list itself instead of the request
> address?
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

- ----