Re: [Fwd: 58A0-9E5C-CE89 : CONSULT from pgsql-slavestothewww (post)]

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [Fwd: 58A0-9E5C-CE89 : CONSULT from pgsql-slavestothewww (post)]
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, this is a GLOBAL setting, not a local to the list one ... I can remove the
> approve rule, but here is the complete list of them ... I've never modified
> these before, either adding or removing, these are teh default ones that get
> installed ... as you will note with most of htem, they are anchored to the
> right side, so it isn't just *any* approve:

In my opinion they are too ambiguous to be used as expressions for
rejecting a mail to the list.

Maybe mj2 was recently upgraded to a new version that contained
an "improved" list of regexes to disallow?

> /\bsubscribe\b/i

So anyone who sends a mail with the word "subscribe" in it will have it
rejected?  That seems rather unexpected.  Note that it isn't anchored,
except by blanks so it seems just using the word in a sentence causes it
to fire, unless I'm missing something.

> /^\s*approve\b/i
> /^\s*passwd\b/i
> /^\s*newinfo\b/i
> /^\s*config\b/i
> /^\s*newconfig\b/i
> /^\s*writeconfig\b/i
> /^\s*mkdigest\b/i

I think these should make an effort to find the arguments just beyond
the command and the end of line.  Really they should not be there at
all.  What purpose do they serve, beyond protecting lame list admins who
manage to send commands to the list itself instead of the request
address?

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: 58A0-9E5C-CE89 : CONSULT from pgsql-slavestothewww (post)]
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: 58A0-9E5C-CE89 : CONSULT from pgsql-slavestothewww (post)]