Re: PANIC: could not create file "pg_xlog/xlogtemp.7884": No space left on device

От Roopeshakumar Narayansa Shalgar (rshalgar)
Тема Re: PANIC: could not create file "pg_xlog/xlogtemp.7884": No space left on device
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Raymond.

But I think the symptoms that I am seeing are different though I get the
no disk space issue in the following ways:

1. There is enough disk space on my device (output of df -h), 300M is used from 56G space.

/dev/mapper/data1-object--cache
                       58G  300M   58G   1% /object-cache1

2.  ls -rtl pg_xlog:

drwx------ 2 postgres 75     4096 Sep 28 03:45 archive_status
-rw------- 1 postgres 75 16777216 Sep 28 04:33 00000001000000000000000B
-rw------- 1 postgres 75 16777216 Sep 28 04:34 00000001000000000000000C

( I see the WAL xlog files are getting created and the older ones are getting deleted correctly and
   they are using hardly 32MB from a partition of 58G so where is the question of no space)

3. Could this be related to:
         http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140414014442.15385.74268@wrigleys.postgresql.org.

Here there is mention of 'long writes and short writes', will trying out latest version of postgress help?

4. I tried with 'archive_command = /usr/bin.true' but still I face the ""pg_xlog/xlogtemp.7884": No space left on
device"issue.

5. Once I  hit ""pg_xlog/xlogtemp.7884": No space left on device" I start seeing it for other files as well:

    "WARNING:  could not create relation-cache initialization file "base/16384/pg_internal.init.13715": No space left
     on device DETAIL:  Continuing anyway, but there's something wrong."

6. I am seeing this issue when I create around 60,000 to 70,000 files (each of size 4k) in the data base.

Appreciate any quick help on this.

--
Thanks and regards,
Rupesh