Re: PANIC: could not create file "pg_xlog/xlogtemp.7884": No space left on device

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PANIC: could not create file "pg_xlog/xlogtemp.7884": No space left on device
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/28/2014 05:52 AM, Roopeshakumar Narayansa Shalgar (rshalgar) wrote:
> Thanks Raymond.
>
> But I think the symptoms that I am seeing are different though I get the
> no disk space issue in the following ways:
>
> 1. There is enough disk space on my device (output of df -h), 300M is used from 56G space.
>
> /dev/mapper/data1-object--cache
>                         58G  300M   58G   1% /object-cache1
>

> 2.  ls -rtl pg_xlog:
>
> drwx------ 2 postgres 75     4096 Sep 28 03:45 archive_status
> -rw------- 1 postgres 75 16777216 Sep 28 04:33 00000001000000000000000B
> -rw------- 1 postgres 75 16777216 Sep 28 04:34 00000001000000000000000C
>
> ( I see the WAL xlog files are getting created and the older ones are getting deleted correctly and
>     they are using hardly 32MB from a partition of 58G so where is the question of no space)
>
> 3. Could this be related to:
>           http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140414014442.15385.74268@wrigleys.postgresql.org.
>
> Here there is mention of 'long writes and short writes', will trying out latest version of postgress help?

Well in the bug report the issue seems to be with BLCKSZ and XLOG_BLCKSZ.

So have you changed these?

I see the commit in my 9.3.5 sources, so if the above is indeed the
issue then using the latest version would help.

If that does not work then more information is needed.

What file system, OS, architecture(32/64bit) are you using?

What are the files you refer to below and how are they being
created/inserted?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com