Re: call pl/pgsql function from main pl/pgsql function

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: call pl/pgsql function from main pl/pgsql function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mehdi Ravanbakhsh wrote
> Hi All
>
> I have one main function in  pl/pgsql and one subset function in pl/pgsql
> .
>
> i need to call  Subset Function From main function and i do not need to
> wait for subset Function return. I just need to send parameter to subset
> function and do not need any thing in return.
>
> So i can call multiply subset function  repeatedly.
>
> Any one can help with this problem ?

All functions are synchronous.  Best you can do is write the sub function to
return quickly by, for instance, having it simply write to a table and have
a task processor handle the work in a separate session.

David J.