Re: [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List
Дата
Список pgsql-www
From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com>
Date: Wed Nov 12, 2003  3:34:28 AM Asia/Tokyo
To: Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List

On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 03:11 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> accidentially paste over a closing tag or a bracket and screw up the
> whole
> page.  This will be even more the case if you want to adopt the
> stricter
> XHTML.

Practically, only screw up in terms of whether or not the page still
validates. Most browsers, with their built-in forgiveness that lets
them handle the 95% of invalid markup that's out there, won't break any
more with invalid XHTML than they would with the same (invalid) HTML.
There are a few browsers that change their behavior slightly depending
on the document declaration, but from what I gather, the differences a
slight. And at the extreme, I don't know of any browers that attempt to
validate the page against the DTD and refuse to display if if they
don't.

This isn't an excuse to not write the best markup possible, of course.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: