Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 02:47 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>
>> Are we really the first Open Source Software project to really need an
>> easy-to-maintain-and-extend-and-be-multi-lingual site?
>>
>> Would it be beneficial (all good ideas presented here aside) for us to
>> contact other large projects that have gone before us (perhaps the KDE
>> project and others?) and find out what they recommend?
>
> Where's the fun in that? :)
>
> Sounds like a good idea. Definitely can't hurt to ask. Anyone know
> people in these groups? I'd be willing to cold-call, but if someone
> knows someone, might get a more efficient response.

Ok, two potential leads spring to mind immediately... Jono Bacon of the
KDE <jonobacon@yahoo.com> project may know who the best people in the
KDE project to discuss this with, and Dave Shea <dave@mezzoblue.com> is
a web design professional that does stuff with the Mozilla project.

As far as I'm aware the Mozilla project doesn't (yet) have a good
multi-lingual website infrastructure, but Dave Shea looks to have a wide
range of knowledge and may be able to point us towards other projects
that do.

Hope that's helpful.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,