Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi Justin,

> >> Are we really the first Open Source Software project to really need an
> >> easy-to-maintain-and-extend-and-be-multi-lingual site?
> >>
> >> Would it be beneficial (all good ideas presented here aside) for us to
> >> contact other large projects that have gone before us (perhaps the KDE
> >> project and others?) and find out what they recommend?
> >
> > Where's the fun in that? :)
> >
> > Sounds like a good idea. Definitely can't hurt to ask. Anyone know
> > people in these groups? I'd be willing to cold-call, but if someone
> > knows someone, might get a more efficient response.
>
> Ok, two potential leads spring to mind immediately... Jono Bacon of the
> KDE <jonobacon@yahoo.com> project may know who the best people in the
> KDE project to discuss this with, and Dave Shea <dave@mezzoblue.com> is
> a web design professional that does stuff with the Mozilla project.

I get some URLs about the internationalization of websites. Basically, it's about two projects: Debian e KDE.
http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating
http://i18n.kde.org/
http://i18n.kde.org/translation-howto/

From last one, we could see how to deal the docs and how to proceed. As Alvaro said, the guys are using SGML docs and
extracta PO file. I think this is not too hard to handle .po files. There are some GUIs that handle this easily.
(Kbabel,ktranslator, gtranslator, etc).

Comments?

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Сообщение: Re: Files on their way
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site