Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Euler,

> From last one, we could see how to deal the docs and how to proceed. As
Alvaro said, the guys are using SGML docs and extract a PO file. I think this
is not too hard to handle .po files. There are some GUIs that handle this
easily. (Kbabel, ktranslator, gtranslator, etc).

I'm not clear on how the KDE solution would work in terms of keeping website
translations updated.   It seems designed for monumental rip-through of a
stable version of a project. It also requires KDE-based tools, which leaves
out a *lot* of people.

The Debian solution seems much more thourough.   If we could find some GUI
editor so that translation vols would not need to learn WML or HTML, this
would be perfect.  Hmmm, and we'd need to figure out how to do this if not
all translation vols are web CVS committers or if they're running on
platforms where good CVS tools are not available (i.e. Win95).

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Сообщение: Re: Considerations on a Multi-Lingual Site
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: More considerations for the new website