Re: Index problem...

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: Index problem...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You may want to try to reindex the associated toast table and see if
that clears it up.

To get the name of the associated toast table, you may run this query:

   select relname from pg_class where oid =
     (select reltoastrelid from pg_class where relname = 'maps');

Then, reindex it.

   reindex table "toast table name" ..

-------

Regards,
    Husam

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Carol Walter
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:42 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Index problem...

Greetings...

I'm getting an error.  The error says...

places=# REINDEX INDEX maps_map_id_seq;
ERROR:  "maps_map_id_seq" is not an index
places=# SELECT * FROM maps;
ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 131343627

I have tried reindexing the index, the table, and the database.  I
continue to get this error.  What can I do to recover from this.

Carol Walter

PS  Let me say that I know this is my fault.  This index is very
bloated.  Yesterday, I tried to vacuum.   I got errors because
max_fsm_pages what set at a number that was too small.