Обсуждение: Index problem...

Index problem...

От
Carol Walter
Дата:
Greetings...

I'm getting an error.  The error says...

places=# REINDEX INDEX maps_map_id_seq;
ERROR:  "maps_map_id_seq" is not an index
places=# SELECT * FROM maps;
ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 131343627

I have tried reindexing the index, the table, and the database.  I
continue to get this error.  What can I do to recover from this.

Carol Walter

PS  Let me say that I know this is my fault.  This index is very
bloated.  Yesterday, I tried to vacuum.   I got errors because
max_fsm_pages what set at a number that was too small.

Re: Index problem...

От
"Tomeh, Husam"
Дата:
You may want to try to reindex the associated toast table and see if
that clears it up.

To get the name of the associated toast table, you may run this query:

   select relname from pg_class where oid =
     (select reltoastrelid from pg_class where relname = 'maps');

Then, reindex it.

   reindex table "toast table name" ..

-------

Regards,
    Husam

I'm getting an error.  The error says...

places=# REINDEX INDEX maps_map_id_seq;
ERROR:  "maps_map_id_seq" is not an index
places=# SELECT * FROM maps;
ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 131343627

I have tried reindexing the index, the table, and the database.  I
continue to get this error.  What can I do to recover from this.

Carol Walter

PS  Let me say that I know this is my fault.  This index is very
bloated.  Yesterday, I tried to vacuum.   I got errors because
max_fsm_pages what set at a number that was too small.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may
containinformation that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
itto the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is
strictlyprohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the
messageand delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag

Re: Index problem...

От
Carol Walter
Дата:
When I ran the query you specified I got relname of "pg_toast_16429.
When I ran the REINDEX TABLE pg_toast_16429 the system responds that
relation "pg_toast_16429" does not exist.

Carol

On May 22, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Tomeh, Husam wrote:

> You may want to try to reindex the associated toast table and see if
> that clears it up.
>
> To get the name of the associated toast table, you may run this query:
>
>    select relname from pg_class where oid =
>      (select reltoastrelid from pg_class where relname = 'maps');
>
> Then, reindex it.
>
>    reindex table "toast table name" ..
>
> -------
>
> Regards,
>     Husam

Re: Index problem...

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 01:37:56PM -0400, Carol Walter wrote:
> When I ran the query you specified I got relname of "pg_toast_16429.
> When I ran the REINDEX TABLE pg_toast_16429 the system responds that
> relation "pg_toast_16429" does not exist.

I think it should be pg_toast.pg_toast_16429
so:
REINDEX TABLE pg_toast.pg_toast_16429;

check relnamespace in pg_class for this table, and check it against
pg_namespace to be sure.

depesz

Re: Index problem...

От
Carol Walter
Дата:
This gives the same error.  I can select columns from the table
although select * gets the error.  I tried making a copy of the
"maps" table using CREATE TABLE new table name (all columns) AS
SELECT all columns FROM maps;  This also gave me the same error.

Carol
On May 22, 2008, at 1:57 PM, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 01:37:56PM -0400, Carol Walter wrote:
>> When I ran the query you specified I got relname of "pg_toast_16429.
>> When I ran the REINDEX TABLE pg_toast_16429 the system responds that
>> relation "pg_toast_16429" does not exist.
>
> I think it should be pg_toast.pg_toast_16429
> so:
> REINDEX TABLE pg_toast.pg_toast_16429;
>
> check relnamespace in pg_class for this table, and check it against
> pg_namespace to be sure.
>
> depesz

Re: Index problem...

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 03:41:38PM -0400, Carol Walter wrote:
> This gives the same error.  I can select columns from the table
> although select * gets the error.  I tried making a copy of the
> "maps" table using CREATE TABLE new table name (all columns) AS
> SELECT all columns FROM maps;  This also gave me the same error.

well. i think that it's time to move the PGDATA someplace else, initdb,
and load backup.

depesz