Re: trobles in importing dbf file

От Lane Van Ingen
Тема Re: trobles in importing dbf file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I use 8.0.7; PostgreSQL will create tables with the number of a row (called
an OID) automatically if the config parameter called default_with_oids in
postgres.conf file is set to true. If not, it will do what your CREATE TABLE
statement says (WITH OIDS or WITHOUT OIDS); here is a sample:
  CREATE TABLE alarm_active (
  alarmtypeid integer NOT NULL default '0',
  alarmsource integer NOT NULL default '0',
  alarmstateid integer NOT NULL default '0',
  messageid integer NOT NULL default '0',
  ackby varchar(30) default NULL,
  silencedby varchar(30) default NULL,
  updatedtime timestamp(3) NOT NULL default current_timestamp(3),
  alarmrfid integer NOT NULL default '0',
  CONSTRAINT alarm_active_pk PRIMARY KEY (alarmtypeid,alarmsource)
) WITH OIDS;

You asked about PRIMARY KEYS. There is an example of that above, too. You
can also use ALTER TABLE to add a primary key.

I have never used dbf2pg.exe so I don't know what it adds or substracts from
the conversion process. But if it doesn't take care of the above for you, I
suppose what you could do is:
  - do your import;
  - set up the new table with another name, the way you want it;
  - INSERT into the new table from the table that got set up by db2pg.exe
  - drop the old table
  - rename the new table to the old table name by using
      ALTER TABLE <new table> RENAME TO <old table>