trobles in importing dbf file

От giuseppe.derossi@email.it
Тема trobles in importing dbf file
Дата
Re: trobles in importing dbf file  ("Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@esncc.com>)
Re: trobles in importing dbf file  ("Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie in Postgres and hope my mail is not off topic. Well, I'm
migrating from Mysql to PostGree in order to use the postgis features. I've
some dbf files I've to import, so I've used the utility dbf2pg.exe ( I've
installed the version 8.1 in win xp env). Now is there a way to add
automatically a primary key  if no, how
can I can add it after importing the table in postgres ? In mYsql an index
(the number or row) is automatically added as first column.
Sorry if the question is trivial, I didn't suspect this gap.
Is there a standard proceure to import a database mapped in a lot of dbf
files.

Thanks in advantage

 Sponsor:
 Partecipa al concorso Best Western, ogni giorno puoi vincere un fantastico
week end da sogno!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5096&d=20060511