RE: OID wraparound (was Re: pg_depend)

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: OID wraparound (was Re: pg_depend)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Please look at my another(previous ?) posting to pgsql-hackers.
I would use both TIDs and OIDs, TIDs for fast access, OIDs
for identification.

> How about instead selecting the primary key and one of the tid's
> (I never remember which, was it ctid ?) instead, so you can validate
> when a row changed between the select and the update ?

Xmin is also available for row-versioning. But now I'm wondering
if TID/xmin are guranteed to keep such characteriscs.
Even Object IDentifier is about to lose the existence.
Probably all-purpose application mustn't use system columns
at all though I've never heard of it in other dbms-s.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue