RE: DROP COLUMN status

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: DROP COLUMN status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

First,it's only a trial and I haven't gotten any final consensus.
It has had the following advantages as a trial.

1) It doesn't require initdb.
2) It makes debugging easier. If I've forgotten to change some   places it would cause aborts/asserts in most cases.

Now I love my trial implementation more than that of you
suggests(it was my original idea) because it's more robust
than dropped(invisible) flag implementation. I could hardly
expect that no one would ignore the invisible(dropped) flag
forever.

Anyway I had hidden details behind MACROs mostly so it
wouldn't be so difficult to change the implementation as
you suggests.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp