RE: Re: [GENERAL] Vacuum and Transactions

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема RE: Re: [GENERAL] Vacuum and Transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That might happen eventually, but I'm not all that eager to convert
> the postmaster into a (half-baked) substitute for cron.  My experience
> as a dbadmin is that you need various sorts of routinely-run maintenance
> tasks anyway; VACUUM is only one of them.  So you're gonna need some
> cron tasks no matter what.  If we try to make the postmaster responsible
> for this sort of thing, we're going to end up reimplementing cron.
> I think that's a waste of effort.

Except that you can only set cron jobs to run every hour, etc.  The DBA
might want to set it to run after say 5% of the rows in a table are
updated/deleted, etc.  It is an esoteric feature, I know, but it'd be cool.

Chris

Сообщение: RE: Re: [GENERAL] Vacuum and Transactions
Сообщение: Re: Re: [GENERAL] Vacuum and Transactions