Re: Version/Change Management of functions?

От Michael Loftis
Тема Re: Version/Change Management of functions?
Дата
Re: Version/Change Management of functions?  (Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz>)
Re: Version/Change Management of functions?  (Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>)
Список pgsql-general

--On July 7, 2006 12:35:53 PM +0000 Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz>
wrote:

># mloftis@wgops.com / 2006-07-06 22:41:27 -0600:
>> OK I know this is an odd question but I'm working on an app that will
>> rely  more and more on database driven functions, and while the app's
>> source is  in SVN, and I intend for the source of the SQL scripts to
>> also be there, I  was wondering...what are people doing for version
>> control and change  management on their custom (esp PL/pgSQL and say
>> PL/Perl) functions?
>
>     Well, "people" use a version control system.
>
>     Do you have any specific questions?

Yes, how exactly do you use it.  Since there's no way to directly control
whats in the DB via a VCS, further, how do you verify that what is in the
DB is also in the VCS, etc?  (I'm intentionally asking a bit of a 'dumb'
question because I really want to find out exactly what others are doing).