pg_dumpall / pg_dump

От jonesbl@WellsFargo.COM
Тема pg_dumpall / pg_dump
Дата
Re: pg_dumpall / pg_dump  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Postgres ver. 7.3.1, on HPUX.

I'm having a problem dumping my database using pg_dumpall. The
statement_timeout value is set to 15 minutes, and I don't want to set it
higher (protecting the db against long and/or ill formed queries).

My problem is, the dump takes more that 15 minutes and there doesn't seem to
be any way to temporarily increase the timeout value a la:

& psql -c "set statement_timeout = 0;" <dbname>
& pg_dumpall ...
& psql -c "set statement_timeout = 900000;" <dbname>

I did hack the vacuumdb script to alter the timeout value so VACUUM would
complete (takes 1 hour 30 minutes).

Is there any way to hack pg_dump and pg_dumpall to temporarily increase
statement_timeout limits so backups can complete? Or, better yet, is there
an undocumented command to alter the statement_timeout value during the
dump?

Bill Jones
Systems Architect
Middleware Services
Wells Fargo Services Company
Office --415.243.1364
PCS -- 415.254.3831 (4152543831@mobile.att.net)

Views expressed are mine. Only in unusual circumstances are they shared by
my employer.