Re: pg_dumpall / pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall / pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
jonesbl@WellsFargo.COM writes:
> My problem is, the dump takes more that 15 minutes and there doesn't seem to
> be any way to temporarily increase the timeout value a la:

> & psql -c "set statement_timeout = 0;" <dbname>
> & pg_dumpall ...
> & psql -c "set statement_timeout = 900000;" <dbname>

The grotty way is

    export PGOPTIONS="--statement_timeout=0"
    pg_dumpall
    unset PGOPTIONS

A possibly more convenient answer is to set statement_timeout=0 as a
per-user setting for the superuser (see ALTER USER).  Or, if you want
the limit to apply to superuser too, create a second superuser account
that you use only for pg_dump, vacuumdb, and similar long jobs.