Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 13, 2011, at 4:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> I sure would like it if the install script with no version in it corresponded to the latest version. Otherwise, one
mustrename the file every time one does a release. And as you're noting, you lose Git history that way.

> (1) git does know it's a rename, it's just not default for git diff to
> show it that way.

I see, looks like one can `git diff --follow` to see it that way:
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2314652/

> (2) I think that the normal use-case would not involve removing the old
> file, so this is moot anyhow.

Oh. So one normally will ship, for an extension "foo", only "foo.sql" and any necssary upgrade scripts?

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Сообщение: Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling