Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> On Feb 13, 2011, at 4:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (2) I think that the normal use-case would not involve removing the old
>> file, so this is moot anyhow.

> Oh. So one normally will ship, for an extension "foo", only "foo.sql" and any necssary upgrade scripts?

I think after a couple of releases you'd be shipping something like
foo--1.0.sqlfoo--1.1.sqlfoo--1.0--1.1.sqlfoo--2.0.sqlfoo--1.1--2.0.sql

and it'll soon get to be a mess if your SCM doesn't clearly distinguish
which is which.

Also, as I mentioned before, once you've branched off foo--1.1.sql
it's probably a mistake to be changing foo--1.0.sql anymore anyway.

I suppose if you really wanted foo.sql to always be the head version,
you could do something like "cp foo.sql foo--$VERSION.sql" as part of
the build process in the Makefile.

Сообщение: Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Сообщение: Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling