Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 13, 2011, at 4:59 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think after a couple of releases you'd be shipping something like
>
>     foo--1.0.sql
>     foo--1.1.sql
>     foo--1.0--1.1.sql
>     foo--2.0.sql
>     foo--1.1--2.0.sql
>
> and it'll soon get to be a mess if your SCM doesn't clearly distinguish
> which is which.
>
> Also, as I mentioned before, once you've branched off foo--1.1.sql
> it's probably a mistake to be changing foo--1.0.sql anymore anyway.
>
> I suppose if you really wanted foo.sql to always be the head version,
> you could do something like "cp foo.sql foo--$VERSION.sql" as part of
> the build process in the Makefile.

That would be okay. Is $EXTVERSION still defined in the Makefile? ($VERSION is the PostgreSQL version, of course).

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Сообщение: Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling