Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0

От Dave Page
Тема Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

From: Laurent Birckel [mailto:laurent.birckel@uni-medecine.fr]
Sent: 21 March 2005 17:19
To: Dave Page; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [pgadmin-support] No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0

I write a function (create function) on pgadmin

in the text of the function (ie in attachement)
in the attachement (.txt) , I forgot the ';' after the END IF

if I forget ANYTHING (a ';', a ')' or anything else) in the "messages",
        => I get absolutely NOTHING. (see the jpeg attached)

then I can't work. I'm on pg 8.01 on windows. we are 3 developers and every body tried something. all with the same result.

I'm realy sad !

Don't be sad!!

When I try to execute the script you attached, I get the following error:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "_idPJ" at character 817

Which is clearly caused by the missing semi-colon on the preceding 'end if'. pgAdmin also puts a line marker on the offending line.

I don't recall anything changing recently, but can I send you an up to date snapshot to try?

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0
Сообщение: Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0