Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation
Дата
Ответ на Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Ответы Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 15 Nov 2021, at 19:42, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> On 15.11.21 10:38, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
>>> I still think that the v8 patch posted earlier is the better option, which
>>> increase granularity of error reporting with a small code footprint.
>> Thanks. Attaching the v8 here again.
>
> I find the use of RelationUsesLocalBuffers() confusing in this patch. It would be clearer to check relpersistence
directlyin both branches of the if statement.

Admittedly it didn't bother me, but the more I think about it the more I agree
with Peter, so +1 on changing.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: RecoveryInProgress() has critical side effects
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend