Need input for Upgrade VPostgres 9.1.3 to PG 9.3

От Jeni Fifrick
Тема Need input for Upgrade VPostgres 9.1.3 to PG 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello Postgres Gurus,

We’re planning to upgrade our existing VPostgres ver 9.1.3 to Community Postgres ver 9.3. Besides upgrading the database, we’re also going to move some databases to a new server, and need to make the downtime as minimum.

I’m currently planning for the migration strategy, and need input for below questions:

1.       Is pg_upgrade works for doing the above upgrade?

2.       For setting up Streaming Replication, do Primary and Standby must be on the same version? I think it has tobe, but want to get confirmation from community.

3.       Does SLONY support the different versions of PG between Primary & Standby? OR any other solution?

4.       What are the ways to minimize the downtime during migration?

Thank you,

Jeni