Re: AUTOVACUUM after purging a lot of records

От Jeni Fifrick
Тема Re: AUTOVACUUM after purging a lot of records
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much for the input.

·         I think, I'll let autovaccum run and check it tomorrow.

So, what you're saying is if I run the "VACUUM ANALYZE" while the autovacuum still running, the autovacuum will be cancelled, right? And, I need to set the maintenance_work_mem in the session before executing the 'VACUUM ANALYZE transactionlog'. Is this a correct syntax?

Regarding the configuration, all the memory related are still with default value.

We did change the max_connections to be 2000. BUT, so far, our max connection is around 500.

We’re planning to do upgrade early next year. Since this is holiday season (and we’re on business peak during this time), so management is really careful in making any changes, EXCEPT absolutely necessary (or break fix).

Thanks again,

Jeni