Re: Database designpattern - product feature

От Gmail
Тема Re: Database designpattern - product feature
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 3, 2015, at 7:50 AM, Adrian Stern <adrian.stern@unchained.ch> wrote:

Hi William, thanks for joining the conversation.

1) We do hope for constraints since a connection to an ERP system is possible in the future. We want to plan ahead.

2) As for the subclass approach: I would need about 30 subclasses and it will get really hard to add new products since a change in the database will be necessary each time. That's why we want a more generic approach.

Maybe I don't understand you right, because of the language barrier. Can you provide me a link to a subclassing example?

ORM is a given in my case. This is not a high performance application.

Freundliche Grüsse

I don't understand 'ORM is a given' in conjunction with a reluctance to db evolution? These seem oxymoronic.

Сообщение: Re: Problem when temp_tablespace get full?
Сообщение: Re: Problem when temp_tablespace get full?