Re: Database designpattern - product feature

От Adrian Stern
Тема Re: Database designpattern - product feature
Дата
Re: Database designpattern - product feature  (Roxanne Reid-Bennett <rox@tara-lu.com>)
Re: Database designpattern - product feature  (William Dunn <dunnwjr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi William, thanks for joining the conversation.

1) We do hope for constraints since a connection to an ERP system is possible in the future. We want to plan ahead.

2) As for the subclass approach: I would need about 30 subclasses and it will get really hard to add new products since a change in the database will be necessary each time. That's why we want a more generic approach.

Maybe I don't understand you right, because of the language barrier. Can you provide me a link to a subclassing example?

ORM is a given in my case. This is not a high performance application.

Freundliche Grüsse

Adrian Stern
unchained - web solutions

+41 79 292 83 47