Re: Streaming replication issue

От John Wiencek
Тема Re: Streaming replication issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

When you set up streaming replication your read-only replica should be created using pg_basebackup.

for example;

Run this from the streamed/slave server.   Set variable $PGDATA.  Make sure directory structure exits and is empty( no file in $PGDATA on slave server)

pg_basebackup --pgdata=$PGDATA --label=standby --host 10.64.98.199--usernamerepuser --wal-method=stream --write-recovery-conf.

Your PGDATA direetory on the streamed/salve server needs to be empty.   The basebackup will copy ALL files from the master to the slave.   This would include PostgreSQL.conf , pg_hba.conf and all associated files for the databases.

Therefore the streaming/slave server will be EXACTLY the same as the master.   Same users, same port, same data.

Reagards

John Wiencek

On Sep 5, 2019, at 10:27 AM, mallikarjun t <mallit333@gmail.com> wrote:

No I am connected salve server details to connect

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019, 8:52 PM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 2:45 PM mallikarjun t <mallit333@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want connect to sever by using following command  /opt/edb/as9.6/bin/psql
>

> role "postgres" not a log in permission error message  I am getting , I am try to put port number along with that
> error: could not connect to the server, locally running this port number 5432.

I'm sorry but it is quite hard to understand what you are doing.
If I'm getting right, from you description, you are replicating your
server and trying to connect as 'postgres' to such clone, but how can
the clone has a user that did not existed (or did not have
permissions) on the original server too?
I thinm you should connect to the "new master" with the same "old
master" credentials.

Luca

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication issue
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication issue