PostgreSQL nonstandard use of escape in a string literal

От Johnson, Trevor
Тема PostgreSQL nonstandard use of escape in a string literal
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL nonstandard use of escape in a string literal  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general

Using Moodle with PostgreSQL 8.4 and we get warning messages...

2009-09-18 13:48:11 ESTWARNING:  nonstandard use of escape in a string literal at character 209

2009-09-18 13:48:11 ESTHINT:  Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.

“standard_conforming_strings” is set to off, if we turn it on it breaks Moodle.

Are these just warnings or is there something we need to fix?

If so is it okay to turn the warnings with escape_string_warning = off ?

Regards

Trevor

Trevor Johnson
Applications and Database Administrator | Information Management Services Division | TAFE NSW Riverina Institute
Ph 02 69381351 | Fax 02 69381432 | Mob 0418 600606 | email: trevor.johnson@det.nsw.edu.au