Re: PostgreSQL nonstandard use of escape in a string literal

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PostgreSQL nonstandard use of escape in a string literal
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On fre, 2009-09-18 at 14:05 +1000, Johnson, Trevor wrote:
> Using Moodle with PostgreSQL 8.4 and we get warning messages...
>
> 2009-09-18 13:48:11 ESTWARNING:  nonstandard use of escape in a string
> literal at character 209
>
> 2009-09-18 13:48:11 ESTHINT:  Use the escape string syntax for
> escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.

> “standard_conforming_strings” is set to off, if we turn it on it
> breaks Moodle.

> Are these just warnings or is there something we need to fix?

Well, in your case they are apparently "estwarnings" because you didn't
put a space at the end of log_line_prefix ;-), but really they are just
warnings.  In the long run, you will want to switch to doing what the
hint, er, esthint says, after which setting standard_conforming_strings
to on becomes OK.  Moodle will need to do the same first as well.