Re: PostgreSQL nonstandard use of escape in a string literal

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: PostgreSQL nonstandard use of escape in a string literal
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 14:05 +1000, Johnson, Trevor wrote:
> Are these just warnings or is there something we need to fix?

They are just warnings. The application is apparently written assuming
the non-standard quoting for string literals.

> If so is it okay to turn the warnings with escape_string_warning =
> off ?

I recommend you inform the authors of the application that they should
update it to use standard-conforming string literals. Then, you can turn
"escape_string_warning = off" to suppress the warnings while you are
waiting for them to fix it.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis