RE: Data stored as scientific notation, unable to convert to numeric

От Stephen Froehlich
Тема RE: Data stored as scientific notation, unable to convert to numeric
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

It sounds like the number is getting imported to the database properly.  The problem you’re having is with the text formatting of the output.

Typically the formatting of the output is something one does in one’s application (R, Python, Excel, etc.).

To format numbers to text within PostgreSQL, see https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-formatting.html

--Stephen