Data stored as scientific notation, unable to convert to numeric

От Dara Unglaube
Тема Data stored as scientific notation, unable to convert to numeric
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Greetings.

I am having a problem with scientific notation in a field. I have multiple variables that are in a spreadsheet and loaded via CSV into postgres. The results have a variety of significant digits which I would like to retain (from integer to 0.000001). I import into a double precision field and anything with 5 or more places right of the decimal gets automatically converted to scientific notation (even if in the CSV it is imported as 0.000001). If I try to CAST these as numeric field or replace within the double precision field, they revert back to scientific notation. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dara

--
Dara J. Olson Unglaube