FW: Help installing pgSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 9

От Jeff Stout
Тема FW: Help installing pgSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 9
Дата
Syntax question  ("Jeff Stout" <jstout@cctus.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
I am trying to install pgSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 9

I am using gcc 3.3.2, readline 4.3, perl 5.8,

my full PATH is
/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin: \
/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

After downloading and un-taring/un-ziping

I run ./configure

I don't see any errors.

when I run "make" (gnu make 3.80) all hell breaks loose

I get tons of
gcc - 02 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-protypes -Wmissing-declaration

when it is entering in and out of directories

This completes, then I run "make install"

same gcc errors but not as many

When I try to initialize the DB this it where everything stops.

su postgres
./initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

The program /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgress   needed by
initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.4.2
or there may be a configuration problem

ld.so.1:/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres: fatal:
libreadline.so.4  open failed: No such file or directory

I'm not sure what I'm missing, the install seems pretty straight forward
I've tried different versions of postgres 7.4.1 and 7.4 same errors.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff Stout
CCT