Re: FW: Help installing pgSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 9

От jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема Re: FW: Help installing pgSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Jeff Stout" <jstout@cctus.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install pgSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 9
>
> I am using gcc 3.3.2, readline 4.3, perl 5.8,
>
> my full PATH is
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin: \
> /usr/bin:/usr/sbin
>
> After downloading and un-taring/un-ziping
>
> I run ./configure
>
> I don't see any errors.
>
> when I run "make" (gnu make 3.80) all hell breaks loose
>
> I get tons of
> gcc - 02 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-protypes -Wmissing-declaration

That's just the makefile commands being echo'd.  Have you never built a
package from a source tarball before?  This is normal.

> when it is entering in and out of directories
>
> This completes, then I run "make install"
>
> same gcc errors but not as many
>
> When I try to initialize the DB this it where everything stops.
>
> su postgres
> ./initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>
> The program /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgress   needed by
> initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version 7.4.2
> or there may be a configuration problem
>
> ld.so.1:/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres: fatal:
> libreadline.so.4  open failed: No such file or directory

Don't know about the "doesn't belong or..." problem, but the second one
is probably due to the same thing as I suggested to another Solaris
user, just within the last few days...

Is directory containing libreadline in LD_LIBRARY_PATH when you're su'd
to the postgreSQL user?

I added

    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to /etc/init.d/postgresql and created a .profile in its home directory
with that in it.

Solved all those problems :).

You can also solve such problems by using the -R switch during build
(man ld) and with Solaris 8/9's new "crle" utility.

--
Jim Seymour                | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
jseymour@LinxNet.com       |     http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php