Re: DDL commands don't handle OID wrap

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: DDL commands don't handle OID wrap
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Apr 17, 2006, at 2:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
>> Haven't seen this in previous discussions of OID wrap in the
>> archives.
>> The issue is that DDL statements don't make any attempt to skip past
>> used ranges of OIDs.
>> duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_attrdef_oid_index"
>
> If you can make that happen in 8.1, I'd be fascinated to look at the
> test case.

Yet another reason for this customer to upgrade... :)

Also, in 8.1, here's a list of tables in pg_catalog that don't appear
to have unique constraints on oid... do these all look safe?

decibel=# select table_name from information_schema.tables where
table_schema='pg_catalog' and table_type='BASE TABLE' except select
tablename from pg_indexes where schemaname='pg_catalog' and indexname
like '%oid%';
    table_name
-----------------
pg_amop