Re: DDL commands don't handle OID wrap

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DDL commands don't handle OID wrap
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
> Haven't seen this in previous discussions of OID wrap in the archives.
> The issue is that DDL statements don't make any attempt to skip past
> used ranges of OIDs.
> duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_attrdef_oid_index"

If you can make that happen in 8.1, I'd be fascinated to look at the
test case.

    * doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml, src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c,
    src/backend/access/heap/tuptoaster.c,
    src/backend/access/transam/varsup.c, src/backend/catalog/catalog.c,
    src/backend/catalog/heap.c, src/backend/catalog/index.c,
    src/backend/catalog/pg_type.c, src/backend/commands/dbcommands.c,
    src/backend/commands/trigger.c, src/backend/commands/typecmds.c,
    src/backend/storage/large_object/inv_api.c,
    src/backend/utils/cache/relcache.c,
    src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_archiver.c, src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c,
    src/include/access/transam.h, src/include/catalog/catalog.h,
    src/include/catalog/pg_type.h, src/include/utils/rel.h,
    src/include/utils/relcache.h: Solve the problem of OID collisions
    by probing for duplicate OIDs whenever we generate a new OID.  This
    prevents occasional duplicate-OID errors that can otherwise occur
    once the OID counter has wrapped around.  Duplicate relfilenode
    values are also checked for when creating new physical files.  Per
    my recent proposal.