Re: How to restore to empty database

От Andrus
Тема Re: How to restore to empty database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

>These days 37 GB is relatively small, so you maybe getting into the realm
>of premature optimization. Do the 24 databases represent an entire cluster
>you are trying to transfer?

Basically yes.
Cluster contains also  small test database which actually does not need
transferred but I can delete it manually after transfer.
Also postgres, template0 and template1 are not used directly by applications
and probably does not need to be transferred.

>If so have you looked at pg_dumpall?:
>https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-pg-dumpall.html
>It is a text based backup, but it will include all the databases and the
>globals.

Source cluster is in old Debian 6 Squeeze running Postgres 9.1
Should I create pipe using pg_dumpall and restore everything from old using
pipe instead of pg_dump/pg_restore ?

Andrus.