Re: HA Setup Review

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: HA Setup Review
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Apr 30, 2024, at 8:20 AM, Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ZERO downtime is -- to my knowledge -- impossible with master-slave replication.  There will always be some seconds
oflag while  the secondary-that-was is promoted to new-primary, and the applications that were forcibly disconnected
fromthe old primary are connected to the new-primary.

> Heck, even in a master-master DB cluster, any connections on the master that dies will be down until they can connect
tothe other master.

This is true. However, with a secondary that is up to date, and applications accessing through pgbouncer, client
connectionsto pgbouncer are not broken, and pgbouncer connections to postgres can be reestablished quickly enough that
usersonly observe a slightly slow response.