Re: Difficulty with make check

От Lasher, Glenn
Тема Re: Difficulty with make check
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yeah, that was what I was afraid of.  I've had a UNIX admin working on it for an extended period of time to no avail.

Okay, well, thank you for confirming my fears :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Alvaro Herrera [mailto:alvherre@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 09:53
To: Lasher, Glenn
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Difficulty with make check

Lasher, Glenn wrote:

> On the QA zone or Production servers, however the same command (adjusted for the number of processors) fails at 'make
check'thus:

> ---8<-cut----------------------------------------------------------------------

> ./pg_regress --temp-install=./tmp_check --top-builddir=../../.. --srcdir=/usr/us

> ers/postgres/build/postgresql-8.3.7/src/test/regress --temp-port=55432 --schedul

> e=./parallel_schedule --multibyte=SQL_ASCII --load-language=plpgsql

> ============== creating temporary installation        ==============

> ============== initializing database system           ==============

> ============== starting postmaster                    ==============

> Killed

> Killed

This seems an environment problem -- process limits set too low or
something like that.  It's not related to Postgres itself; it's the
kernel or some layer in between that's disallowing Postgres from running
normally.

privileged against disclosure other than to the intended recipient.
 It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately