Re: Problem with streaming replication over SSL

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Problem with streaming replication over SSL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I have streaming replication configured over SSL, and
>> there seems to be a problem with SSL renegotiation.
[...]
>> After that, streaming replication reconnects and resumes working.
>>
>> Is this an oversight in the replication protocol, or is this
>> working as designed?

> This sounds a lot like the general issue with SSL renegotiation, just
that it tends to show itself
> more often on replication connections since they don't disconnect very
often...

> Have you tried disabling SSL renegotiation on the connection
(ssl_renegotation=0)? If that helps, then
> the SSL library on one of the ends  still has the problem with
renegotiation...

It can hardly be the CVE-2009-3555 renegotiation problem.

Both machines have OpenSSL 1.0.0, and RFC 5746 was implemented in
0.9.8m.

But I'll try to test if normal connections have the problem too.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Question about "ident_file" in postgres.conf
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Problem with streaming replication over SSL