Re: Problem with streaming replication over SSL

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Problem with streaming replication over SSL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I have streaming replication configured over SSL, and
>> there seems to be a problem with SSL renegotiation.
[...]
>> After that, streaming replication reconnects and resumes working.
>>
>> Is this an oversight in the replication protocol, or is this
>> working as designed?

> This sounds a lot like the general issue with SSL renegotiation, just
that it tends to show itself
> more often on replication connections since they don't disconnect very
often...

> Have you tried disabling SSL renegotiation on the connection
(ssl_renegotation=0)? If that helps, then
> the SSL library on one of the ends  still has the problem with
renegotiation...

It can hardly be the CVE-2009-3555 renegotiation problem.

Both machines have OpenSSL 1.0.0, and RFC 5746 was implemented in
0.9.8m.

It certainly *sounds* like that problem though. Maybe RedHat carried along the broken fix? It would surprise me, but given that it's openssl, not hugely much so :)

It would be worth trying with ssl_renegotiation=0 to see if the problem goes away.

But I'll try to test if normal connections have the problem too.

That would be a useful datapoint. All settings around this *should* happen at a lower layer than the difference between a replication connection and a regular one, but it would be good to confir mit.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: Problem with streaming replication over SSL
От: Bryan Montgomery
Сообщение: Tuning / performance questions