Re: configure options

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: configure options
Дата
Re: configure options  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Siddharth Shah wrote:
>>> I am compiling postgres, I have some doubts on ./configure options
>>>
>>> --disable-largefile
>>>          Does it refers to for storing blob objects to store or
>>> anything else ?
>>
>> I couldn't find this configure switch in the documentation for
>> 8.3 or 8.4. Can you explain where you found it and which version
>> you are using?
>
> I am using 8.3.5 and I have found these options in configure help
> ./configure --help

I see. It seems to be missing in the documentation.

This has nothing to do with large objects.
This disables use of the "large file API" for operating system files.
If you disable this, you will probably not be able to use operating system
files that exceed 2GB in size, which PostgreSQL normally does not do
anyway.

My recommendation is to leave this switch alone and use the default;
you should not encounter any problems.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe