Re: configure options

От Siddharth Shah
Тема Re: configure options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Albe Laurenz wrote:
 cite="mid:D960CB61B694CF459DCFB4B0128514C202D10B25@exadv11.host.magwien.gv.at"
 type="cite">
  Siddharth Shah wrote:

        I am compiling postgres, I have some doubts on ./configure options

--enable-nls[=LANGUAGES]  enable Native Language Support
        Do I need to supply each language name which i am going to store
in my database or just have to take support UTF-8 ?

You need to have support for the locale which you want to use for
character sorting, case conversion and character classification
(set at "initdb" time)
as well as support for the locale in which you want server messages
to be, and for the one you want for date and numeric formatting.

You don't have to include support for all languages you store in the
database (but the database should then use UTF-8 as server encoding).

    and

 --disable-largefile
          Does it refers to for storing blob objects to store or
anything else ?

I couldn't find this configure switch in the documentation for
8.3 or 8.4. Can you explain where you found it and which version
you are using?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

    I am using 8.3.5 and I have found these options in configure help
    ./configure --help

    -Siddharth