Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec1, 2010, at 17:11 , Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:
>
>> BTW, my "serializable_lock_consisteny" patch would allow you to do
>> this purely within pl/pgsql in a race-condition free way. So if
>> that patch should get applied you might want to consider this as a
>> workaround. Whether it will get applied is yet to be seen, though
>> - currently there doesn't seem to be unanimous vote one way or the
>> other.
>
> I don't recall seeing any objections to your patch.  Do you have a
> reference to a post that argues against it?

Tom expressed his doubts in http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-05/msg00699.php pretty clearly. He hasn't
weightedin since then AFAIK, so I don't know if his objection still stands. But I still figured a word of warning would
beindicated, to prevent the OP from relying on my proposed workaround as long as it might still fail to materialize.

best regards,
Florian Pflug

Сообщение: Re: crash-safe visibility map, take three
Сообщение: Re: crash-safe visibility map, take three