Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Anyone can create a branch and publish it. That's the democracy that git
> allows. So if you want it, don't argue for it, just do it.

The showstopper is having a unified plan for what to put in there, for
once, and having -core people (commiters) willing to either put giant
effort into review at merge time or to follow the development and take
care of the merge themselves as part as commit fests. In a non released
branch until the work is complete enough.

The idea I tried to express would be to allow pieces of the overall
scheme to happen within our usual process. See Itagaki syntax-only
patch, and any recent effort on improving subsystems to handle
partitioning better (from indexes to foreign keys to COPY to you name
it).

So having a bunch of people working on their own local branch then
publishing it (in the form of patches) is already what has been
happening here for some years, with *zero* success. I'm trying to
understand what we (as the community) intend to do about it, I'm *not*
trying to open yet another private-branch-then-rejected-patch.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child
Сообщение: Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child