Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 12/04/2010 07:12 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to  official topic branches at some point in the future, but I think it's
prematureto speculate about whether it'd be useful here.

> I'd need a lot of convincing if it imposed an extra burden on people
> like Tom. The only way I could see  working is if some committer took
> ownership of the topic branch and guaranteed to keep it pretty much in
> sync with the master branch.

Well, allegedly this is one of the reasons we moved to git.  Anybody can
do that in their own repository, just as easily as a core committer
could.  AFAICS it's not necessary for the core repo to contain the
branch, up until the point where it's ready to merge into master.

>> What is needed right now is design work, not code.

> Indeed. In this case I don't think we even have agreement on the
> features let alone how they might work.

Yeah.  But it's fair to look ahead to how development might proceed.