Re: 8.0, UTF8, and CLIENT_ENCODING

От Paul Ramsey
Тема Re: 8.0, UTF8, and CLIENT_ENCODING
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks all for the information. Summary is:

- 8.0 wasn't very strict, and allowed the illegal values in, instead
of mapping them over into UTF-8 space
- the values can be stripped with iconv -c
- 8.2 should be more strict

I'm in the midst of my upgrade to 8.2 now, hopefully the LATIN1->UTF8
conversion will now map the odd characters cleanly into UTF space.