Regarding Database Service Start

От Khan, Mahmood Ahram
Тема Regarding Database Service Start
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

Whenever I am starting the Database Service of Postgres the cursor is halting at “Database System Is Ready”.

It should come to the prompt so that I can start executing the commands.

But when I stop the service the cursor is halting at the Prompt. Which is correct.

This is happening in Linux & Windows both.

I am specifying the issue I am facing as example below

C:\>pg_ctl start

server starting

C:\>LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-06-07 16:26:20 India Standard Time

LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/13B4C100

LOG:  redo record is at 1/13B4C100; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE

LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/15083; next OID: 24713

LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0

LOG:  database system is ready

If you see the execution of pg_ctl start you will notice that the cursor gets halted at “LOG:  database system is ready”.

And manually I have to hit Enter to get to the prompt. I would like to know what could be done to overcome this, ie without hitting Enter it should come to the prompt.

Thanks & Regards

M.AHRAM KHAN